Apartment Asset Advisor’s investments are primarily focused on opportunistic, value-add & distressed “B” and “C” Class Multifamily assets and Ground Up Development throughout the Southeastern United States. The principles of "opportunistic acquisition" and "corrective management value creation" guide our investment strategies throughout the investment horizon.
The firm is serious about earning results for the investors/partners that express their confidence by participating in our projects. The vast majority of our acquisitions are funded via either private equity investments, private debt investments, or a combination of both, thereby providing our investors a passive investment vehicle to participate in institutional-grade commercial acquisitions.
We are highly regarded as buyer because our investment philosophy centers around detailed underwriting of the properties we select and the markets in which we seek to invest.
- We concentrate our acquisitions on Distressed or Defaulted commercial projects which can be acquired and redeveloped to achieve a basis which is substantially below today's current market value.
- We acquire most of our properties directly from the Lender/Owner, usually in multi-property portfolios or "Bulk" transactions.
- We focus on acquiring "Recession-Resistant" properties at extreme discounts to current market value, thereby minimizing the risk of unexpected dips in the market.
- We concentrate on identifying well-located "Value-Add" commercial properties in a select number of core markets where we can quickly and effectively maximize operational efficiencies and overall Investor return.
- We strive to match investment risk with reward and seek to avoid uncompensated risks by implementing a very high-level "Due Diligence" review of each project prior to acquisition.
- We maintain a focus on the factors that impact asset value and growth potential.
By following these "Acquisition Guidelines", we seek to generate safer, higher returns for our private lenders and equity partners. For a more detailed analysis of the types of commercial projects Apartment Asset Advisors looks to invest in, you may want to take a look at our Acquisition Criteria page.